Monday, April 21, 2008

I've been thinking!>!?!!???

So.....I have been a christian for about 1 year now. That is good news! I have led some of my family to christ, and some of my friends. I have found a beautiful, smart, strong women of God. I have so many new friends that help me stay in line....help me grow...help me be a better friend, boyfriend, man of God. There are so many changes that I could talk about. So many new doors that have been opened. God is amazing...there is no question about that. His grace has made my life possible....worthy...
and presentable. I'm excited about all of this...and even more excited about the things to come. Here is what is bothering me. There are things, people from my past that I have to let go of, keep at a distance. I understand the importance of this in order for me to grow. There are some things, people that I can't seem to find the courage or the reason why I should. The problem is, they are great friends, people that are being corrupted by bad company just like I was. They may or may not know the Good News. They may or may not have experienced Christ and his Loving Grace. My question is how do I know who/what to let go of. They may need me, I may be there only hope. I want to be able be apart of their lives, I might have what they need. I have so many different friends from different situations. People that would do anything for me. How could I just give up on them.? I am involved in a whole community of Motocross racers and their families. Do I walk away from those relationships? Those people who wouldn't walk away from me? Where do I spend my time, who do I spend it with. I have all of these concerns, day in and day out. I would go crazy with a simple life......but maybe this life is a little to crazy. I feel like I'm spinning in circles trying to catch a glimpse of all that goes by. Hoping to make a difference in all that I see.

1 comment:

Jennifer Bartz said...

God has created you with an amazing spiritual gift to reach out to others and this you never want to loose sight of, you should embrace it!

When someone accepts Christ into there heart after living in the world for a long time there are many things that need to change - the thing we have to remember is that its all a process. Our calling is to become more like Christ everyday, to strive to reach this...that doesn't mean that one day we will be perfect, but it means our head & heart is in the right place and God will continue to refine our character.

We have to remember that among all this change in ourselves, we also have to change our environment - who we hang out with, who speaks into our lives, who affects our thinking and the choices we make. I agree that there are people in your life that you can definetly reach out to - and show them who Jesus truly is!! My advise to your situation is this:

Let God decide who to let go of and who to keep...pray and seek God's text message, let the holy spirit tell you when you should and shouldn't hang out with certain people. If your eyes are set on Jesus and HIs agenda nothing can go wrong.

So the question is this...are you feeding your flesh or are you expanding the kingdom of God?...When you are around these people are you affecting them more than they are affecting you?